Boy, does this page have a colourful history.
First, its /stats.php. Its simple, some integrated stats my script keeps.
Then I reset the stats to make them more accurate. Thats why the hits and browser hits don't add up to the same value. It also means that a month or two (june-august 2002) got lost.
Then I added AWStats into the mix. It gives much more accurate results, but I didn't start keeping these stats until October 2002. (www.nero.nb.ca got the stats around a similar time, ags.nero.nb.ca got them at the end of October rather then the beginning)
On October 20, 2002 or so, I moved the page from /stats.php to /stats/index.php, figuring I would have lots of stats at some point. Blah.
On October 28, 2002, I moved it back. By doing so, I also managed to accidentally delete it. So this is a rewrite, which is why not all of the links that were here are back.
January 2004: Moving to a new server, so some days have less stats, some stats are down, and the webmail stats are gone entirely. They're now part of thecatsweb.com.
Some pages that have browser stats
- RStefan01.com - Site Statistics (using AWStats)
- Charles Upsdell's Browser News - Somebody I used to know back in the iStar/IWE days, he has a pretty good set of browser stats. Apparently he makes websites too.
- TheCounter - Global Stats (although their Windows XP numbers are way off)
- Web Reference - Site Stats
- Statmarket - This is a pay site that occasionally has a press release with some free info. Their stats were pretty good when they were free, I can't see then anymore so they might still be.
- Onestat - Another pay site, they also have occasional press releases with some stats in them. This site is actually more geared towards getting stats for your website then for the Internet in general though.
- And of course, a page about why these stats don't matter. (but I love stats, so screw him)