Ok... here is whats new since Road Ahead went down...Author: Tridus ()
Date: 2000-02-23 00:00:00
- The new images courtesy of Edge, which fit with the new sites theme (no, you don't get more hints. :) ) (note: the images are not squished on most pages now. heheh)
- The Technical Support and Deathmatch post types. Only the War Room color scheme currently supports these at all, I've been kinda busy to change the rest. (info is in the faq on the new classes)
- The search page now works properly. Also note that you can only search for one post type now. (or 'all' post types)
- The total posts page no longer lists people with 0 posts, because I changed how the stats are generated. Its now tremendously more effecient. (6 database calls instead of n+3, where n is the number of users in the database, so 26)
- Reverse DNS instead of IP addresses in the post header. This is a function of me turning it on on my webserver. The downside is the way you get to the webserver, see the next point.
- The webserver is in my Intranet. You guys are accessing it using a portmap on Sygate. As a result, all requests made outside of the Intranet appear to come from there. So every post not by someone on the network will have the address of the sygate server. (If you want to see another one, take a look at this posts header info, thats my intranet address) Update:Apparently, I was wrong. It does get the right host. Rock on!
- Numerous bugs all over the place are being squished. Also the code has been made a lot more portable then it was, because I did it all wrong last time.
- Yes, I know the default color scheme now makes no sense. Live with it for now.
"Ever since I met you on a cloudy monday, I can't believe how much I love the rain..." - Chantal Kreviazuk
Ok... here is whats new since Road Ahead went down... - Tridus - 2000-02-23 00:00:00